Thursday, October 05, 2006

Holga and Infrared shots




I went out to a local cemetery yesterday to play around with my infrared filter on my digital camera and to check out my new Holga "Woca" camera. I have been using my old Holga 120S for years but I recently came across the Woca and had to check it out. It ROCKS!!! Don't get me wrong, I still love my old faithful, but I have to say the Woca is just a little bit sharper and offers more contrast than the 120s. Not everyone wants that from their Holga, but being a professional photographer, that little extra detail makes me LOVE this camera. The infrared filter worked great on my Canon 30D digital camera as well. I really like the fact that you don't have to wait and see if your shots turned out. Infrared can be really tricky to expose properly with film and this takes that right out of the equation. I used the Hoya R72 filter which is pricey but will pay for itself in one outing when I don't have to buy film and pay to have it processed and printed...I love new photography toys!

1 comment:

Holly Loves Art said...

Hello! I found you through Bernie's site. I love your blog and think your artwork is fantastic!! Just wanted to say hello - I'll definitely be back. :)