Friday, February 23, 2007

New cat paintings


A local art gallery here in Va. Beach hosts a show each year called the Cat's Meow. All artwork must include a cat and a portion of the sales from the show go to benefit the Va. Beach SPCA. I figured I would take a break from the dogs for awhile and try my hand at painting cats so I could participate in the show...The first on is called "The Gift" and anyone who owns a cat is familiar with this phenomenon...The second is called "Purple Cat" because I have no idea what else to call it. I enjoyed painting the cats and will probably do more in the future. I feel bad that i haven't posted anything in awhile. We have been sick around here lately and I have not felt like doing much of anything...I can't wait for Spring!

2 comments:

Linda O'Neill said...

Hi Jill...hope you're feeling better today.:) Love the cats! The color, the compositions...just fantastic.

Wilson said...

I LOVE THE COLORS!! THE PURPLE CAT ROCKS!!!!