Friday, September 22, 2006

Mail Art


I just sent this mail art out to my friend Randi Feuerhelm-
Watts. For those of you not familiar with her work check out
is an amazing artist...She is the one who introduced me to
mail art and now I really love making fun little postcards to
mail out to friends. I can't help but think it brightens the day
of whoever receives it and also gives the postal workers
something fun to look at for a change. I send them in clear
plastic envelopes with bright labels and fun stamps. Try it!
On a different note, I am hosting a new fatbook over at
Chubbyville if anyone is interested... The topic for this fatbook
is "Six Feet Under" - 4x4 pages that pay homage to cemeteries.
Anything graveyard related goes...tombstones, statuary, crypts,
shrines, etc. If you are interested and want to play, you can either
go to the polls section of the Chubbyville Yahoo group and sign up
or leave a comment on this post and I will contact you. The
due date for the book is Nov. 17th. I have always had a morbid
fascination with graveyards...whenever I travel, I look
for cool graveyards to photograph. New Orleans, Savannah, GA
and France have been my favorites so far...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love old cemetaries too! Very fascinating. I'm going to check out the chubbyville group now.
I just found your blog and am enjoying your art work.
Dawn