Thursday, June 14, 2007

Trying to Learn Painter...


I have decided to finally take the plunge and try my hand at Painter...I have been avoiding this for awhile, mainly because the program has always overwhelmed me in the past...So many brushes, variations, sizes, yada, yada, yada. I have a lot of customers who want paintings done from the photos I take. I paint well enough to get by, but I just don't have the time to put into a real oil painting that they may or may not like...So, here is my first attempt....I posted the original photo and my painted version. I know that they are fairly similar...I am still not real sure how to get the look I want...fur is tricky! I have a feeling the learning curve is going to be a bit steep, but I will post my efforts as I go along. What do you guys think? Too safe? Do my brush stokes look too mushy? That is my first impression...

1 comment:

Linda O'Neill said...

Maybe just a little more texture on the ears and body...but it looks so cool! I've never used Painter...is it similar to using paintbrushes in Photoshop? Probably gives you a lot more variety?

Hope all is well with you, Jill. Be back in touch when I return from SF. Hope to see more Painter dogs then!xo