Friday, August 24, 2007

Back from Asheville

Rafting the French Broad River

Chimney Rock Park


The Italian Garden at the Biltmore Estate

Caroline and I wine tasting at the Biltmore Winery...Her's was grape juice, mine was the fermented variety...

We had a great time on our little trip. Asheville is a very funky, cool, artsy kind of town. A lot of hippie's live here that are very low key and dog friendly which I like. We went to Black Mountain, the Biltmore Estates (which were amazing), Chimney Rock park (at 95 degrees which was unpleasant) and finally white water rafting down the French Broad river that was just cool! Good to be home though...our dogs really missed us and I missed my pillow. Remind me to bring my own from home when I travel next time.

1 comment:

Linda O'Neill said...

Love the pics, Jill...sounds like you had a great time! And you looked perfectly comfortable in that raft..you go baby!

By the way...that last pug painting you did...to die for!