Friday, March 21, 2008

Goodbye, Sweet Boy...


Clancy
1995-2008

My sweet boy, Clancy, lost his battle with cancer of the salivary gland today. He was diagnosed with the disease less than one month ago. We thought that we were going to have 4-6 more months with him, but we found out this past week that the cancer had spread to his lungs. He started having trouble breathing and didn't want to eat his food anymore, so we knew the time had come to let him go. Our hearts are left broken today but we are grateful for the 12 wonderful years that we had with him. We could not have asked for a better dog...he always jumped in bed with me in the morning to give me kisses, greeted me at the door when I would come home and keep me company in my studio during the day. Things won't be the same without him and I know my other dogs will miss him as well. Clancy has probably given me 10,000 kisses over the past twelve years but it is 10,001 that I will miss the most.


This one of my favorite quotes...
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.He will be yours, faithful and true,
to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

I hope he thought we were worthy...Here are some photos from over the years I wanted to share of Clancy...Thanks to everyone who has supported me for the past few weeks, your friendship has saved me...



6 comments:

Manon said...

Jill,

My heart goes out to you! I lost two dogs last year. The bernese to cancer and my boston to a fluke mishap in surgery. It was five weeks between each other. I still cry when I think of them. Clancy was a beautiful boy.
Try to remember the joy he brought you through the hard times.
-manon

cowbelly said...

Oh Jill I am so sorry!!

We were emailing back and forth so much last week that I just can't believe this happened so fast!

I knew based on what you told me that the end was near for dear Clancy but who could have guessed it would happen so fast.

Maybe that means that he didn't have to suffer many months of pain and sickness. Maybe it's a good thing that the cancer took him so fast. So hard for the people but good for the dog.

My heart goes out to you more than I can express. I know the sadness you must be feeling right now and I guess all I can say is my heart and thoughts are with you during this grieving process.

Please take good care of yourself and each other and know that Clancy lived a long, very happy life and was so lucky to have you as parents. :-)

If you still go to Costa Rica I say celebrate Clancy's life and know that he will always be with you, no matter where you go, in spirit.

Nevis said...

I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. (((HUGS)))

Archie and Melissa said...

oh jill
i am so sorry. your post for clancy is beautiful. it brought tears to my eyes. it is obvious how much you both loved each other. i am thinking of you.
melissa

Maija said...

I am so sorry, Jill. I am sitting here with tears streaming down my face, just trying to imagine the depth of your loss. Clancy was a lucky pup!

Bernie Berlin said...

Jill,
I don't check in on you often enough..
But please accept my heartfelt condolences..
You are fabulous and Clancy was blessed to have you loving him all his life:)
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Much LOVE and doggie kisses,
Bernie