Sunday, March 09, 2008

New Victorian Sofa....I love antiques

Isn't this just the coolest??? I have been looking for a small love seat/sofa that I can use in my photoshoots and this is the one I decided on...The minute I saw it, I fell in love. It cost me $250.00 and it's from the 18oo's in the Victorian style I am told. Overall it is in really good shape...it could use to be re-upholstered, but since I am going to be using it for dogs on occasion, I think I will wait on that major expense...The color is just what I wanted, with no tears, only a little bit thread bare on the front edge. Here are a few shots with my guys taking turns trying out the new sofa...



4 comments:

Linda O'Neill said...

How handsome and regal they look on your new sofa, Jill!:) That is beautiful...and for $250...I think you got a real deal!

Maija said...

Fabulous! Spectacular! And the antique seat is nice, too!

Archie and Melissa said...

Hi Jill!
I am a friend of Linda and Jamie's and found your work and blog through them.
I am so glad I did. I love your new sofa. That is the coolest find ever!
:) Melissa

cowbelly said...

Oh Jill the sofa is just gorgeous. The color is really beautiful and I think the old vintage look is perfect. I honestly wouldn't get it recovered. Plus I'll bet if you do it will get beat up pretty quickly. This way you have that authentic antique feel.

Can't wait to see more shots on the new doggy lounge!