Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Barbara Beninato
1928-1995
This my favorite picture of my Mom...It always makes me smile to see her so happy and carefree...Then she had 5 kids...need I say more. I always wish I had known her when she was young like this. She was so tired when I came along (#5) and then in poor health for many years before she died 12 years ago. My Mom was always my hero and the most amazing woman in the world to me...I wish I was more like her. I always miss her just a little bit more on Mother's Day....it reminds me of how much I miss sharing my life with her and how the world will always be a little less bright without her in it. Happy Mother's Day everyone! If you are lucky enough to still have your Mom, call her, tell her you love her. You never know when it may be your last chance....

2 comments:

Maija said...

Your mom was so lucky to have you! I love this photo of her! She's smiling,happy and sporting a perfect manicure!!
Sending you love!

.Trudi Sissons said...

Yes - what a beautiful woman she was. I know what you mean about telling them you love them. My Mom 1925-2002 - Alzheimer's I 'lost' her long before she left us.

I just came across your site as I see we will be part of the Altered Journal book on AAO.
I've never done this before so I'm looking for ideas!!! If you don't mind, I'll add you to my blog....www.twodressesstudio.blogspot.com

Amazing photos of the dogs AND people!!!
Best,
Trudi